Wednesday 9 July 2014

A toast to the Queer Old Dean!

Jersey is all at war over gay marriage.

Marriage is usually gay,
unless it is a shotgun wedding,
and they don't happen any more,
because living in sin and illigitimate children are acceptable these days.

Now I'm not taking sides here,
but I see my case has come up as a result of this.

Now one of the reasons Bishop Scott-Joynt appeared to
take exception to me is,
that if I was mature enough to be capable of relationships
or interested in them
I would very likely be gay.
Bishop Scott-Joynt is or was,
homophobic,
only people in church have another way of putting it,
they claim the Bible says it's wrong.

Funny, they seem to forget the 10 commandments and bear false witness,
as Scott-Joynt, Jane Fisher and the Dean all did,
and they forget Jesus teaching 'Judge not',
and they forget the lesson of the woman who was about to be stoned.
But they use religion as an excuse for homophobia.

Here endeth the lesson.
I need some tea.

Oh, I guess I had better add that even in my years, both the words 'gay' and 'queer' have changed.
Both are now
connected with homosexuality, but when I was young, gay still meant bright or happy, and queer meant odd.
My elderly friend still uses the words in their old context.

JM taught me that there are worse sins that homosexuality and that we have no right to judge.
So, at least she taught me something worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.