Sunday 16 March 2014

I remember Jersey

Sometimes I try to start thinking about Jersey, to try and remember and write it down. But the trauma remains too great, and the shame.
So I start to remember St. Aubin's bay, one of my favourite places.
I remember the deep Jersey blue sky and the sand and the sun shine, I remember all the white houses along the hill, and people walking and cycling and running along the bay.

I remember the rocks by the harbour and I remember how I used to sit there night after night, and I used to get my supper at the little cafe where the bikers gathered.

I remember Jersey, but it is hard to break through the trauma and shame and go back to the memories.



2 comments:

  1. I hope the good memories are healing when they can surface and I'm also glad you have no more leaks!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.